Thursday, May 15, 2008

miss you Ma....

Every second Sunday of May, we celebrate Mother's Day. It's time for our mothers to be recognized and be thanked for. And on this time of the year, this is the time that I truly miss my mom. I wonder what could have been if she is still here with us. How would she look like, how was it to be cared for by a mother. It's been 21 years since my mom passed away. Woah... such a long time ago and in this time that she was gone, my father took on the responsibility of being a mother and a father at the same time. I know it's a tough job, but my dad was able to raise us in a decent way. He was able to send us to school and all three of us graduated, although not with flying colors but at the least have a diploma and march at the graduation rights.

I have a little memory of my mom 'cause I was only 7 yrs. old when she died. But my fondest memory with my mom was everytime I would go home coming from playing outside with my neighbor friends, she would scold me like all mothers do to their child whenever they are like messy and "amoy araw" and then she would caress me and tell me to clean up. How I really miss that. Everytime I would see a mother-daughter bonding moments whether it be on TV or just around me, I would really miss my mom. How I wish my mom is still here with me today, so that I can have her thoughts, her wisdom on how I should live my life and if ever I will have a family of my own, there she will be guiding me and giving me pieces of advice on how to raise a family.

So to all children out there that still have their moms by their side, treasure these moments. Make your mom feel that she is important to you and that you care about her, before it's too late.

To all the mothers out there, to my titas, my sister-in-law and my friends who are now mothers in their own right, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment