Tuesday, December 2, 2008

my weekend in HK...

Traveling is something that I enjoyed doing even when I was a kid. Even if it's just going to the zoo or to the groceries, I am thrilled to leave the house and see the sites outside of it. I always look forward to every occasion that has something to do with travel. And so now that I am grown up and has the ability to splurge my hard-earned money (naks!), there... i went to the fabulous city of Hongkong! Yipeee...

My first foot at Hongkong International Airport was a bit nerve-wracking and exciting at the same time. First, I almost lost 300HKD while walking on the airport holding a map and deciding on what to ride going to our hotel. Thankfully, a chinese guy returned the money. (whew!) Second, I rode off an incorrect bus number leaving me circling around mongkok finding my way to the hotel. I was almost lost in translation... (sigh) but then , I was able to find my way to the hotel by asking direction to a receptionist of another hotel that speaks and understands english... YES!


DAY1: Evening
DESTINATION: Mongkok
WEATHER: A bit cold 17 degree celcius

We had dinner at McDonald's... We were so afraid of trying Chinese foods that's why we have to play it safe by ordering our food at McDonalds.
During evening, Mongkok has a lively vibe. A lot of people went out either to shop or to unwind after a days work. Since I don't have a lot of money in hand to splurge, all I could do is to window shop and eat my hearts out with all the wonderful goodies and gadgets that I would love to buy.


DAY2: Mid-morning till evening
DESTINATION: Ocean Park, Canton Road, Harbor View

This was so much fun as we were able to ride cable car and see Kung-fu Panda... hehehe
We also got to ride the Mine Train (it's like a roller coaster which overlook the South China Sea) During night time, we went to Canton Road. It's like our Greenbelt here. You can find there high-end stores like LV, Prada, D&G, etc. lined up on the road.
And at the end of the road is the Harbor view where you can see the skyline of Hongkong displaying different arrays of lights.


DAY3: Mid-morning till 6PM
DESTINATION: Hongkong Disneyland

This was the climax of our trip. When we got to enter Disneyland, my friend was almost teary-eyed, according to her this was her childhood dream to visit this theme park. Hehehe
We got to tour the 3 lands that Disney has to offer: Adventureland, Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. And of course, our visit will not be complete without a picture taken with any Disney character and that was Minnie Mouse for us. Cute! hehehe... What I enjoyed most was the 3D animation presentation. I forgot what ride was that. But it was such a fun experience... It's like going back to my childhood days :) The only thing was we haven't got to watch the parade as there were none that day. There reason was that they are preparing for the Christmas season. Oh well... it's still fun after all. We left Disney having a big smile on our faces and headed straight to the airport.

All in all, it was such an enjoyable trip... I hope that I could get back there and experience a new level of fun and excitement. AYUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment