Thursday, March 10, 2011

inside a nutshell of a 30 something lady *wink*


I would like to begin this blog entry from a cliche' from Hervey Allen saying -- "The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits."
I love this cliche', it depicts exactly what a 30 something lady like me is going through as an individual.  Turning 30 for me was something that I was afraid of back then.  It looks like a BIG, scary milestone in my life.  But now that I'm here, it's not that bad and scary at all.  In fact, I enjoy being 30!  Why not?  I am healthy (that's what I think :p), financially independent, able to help the family, able to travel in some parts of the Philippines and it's neighboring countries (naks!) and loving someone and being loved back hihi.  30, as they say is just a number.  I have no qualms in growing old and mentioning my age to other people basta ba may pinagkatandaan.  I feel that during this time, I am living my life to the fullest, having the time of my life, becoming the woman that I wanted to be back when I was still a kid and sharing this whole journey with someone who is close to my heart and who keeps me inspired and motivated all the time (except for bad days) haha! 

I still  have my dreams and aspirations in life.  But I'm more confident now to pursue those dreams and making them into a reality.  I believe I'm just a few steps away from achieving them.  And now, the only thing that keeps me hopeful and optimistic about the future is the idea of having my own family.  That would be nice to see it coming 2-3 years down the road.  As what I always hear during our meetings in the office "this is still in the pipeline", or better yet still in progress or still under construction hihi! But seriously, I'm still praying for it.  I am hopeful that God will answer my prayers in His own perfect time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment