Monday, August 1, 2011

blogs that I follow

I love reading blogs... from the time being that I am a bench employee (no project), it is taking most of my time in the office.  Gaaah! I knooow! I should've spend my precious time productively while in the office haha... but I can't help it!  Well, reading these blogs taught me to enhance my creativity, giving me tips on how to do what I think is complicated but eventually is just a simple project to make with a little hint of imagination, or getting my dose of inspiration whenever I'm in a bad mood.  Every week, I spent almost 2-3 hrs of my time reading all these blogs.  I've learned a lot from them may it be on topics about life, family, in the workplace, organizing things, travels, etc.  I love everything that is pretty and beautiful so I'm trying to incorporate them into my life.  These blogs are just right up into my ally, they are everything that interests me and they are bookmarked in my browser.  So here it goes... the blogs that I follow. 

Daphne
I am the host and producer of a home design TV show, Urban Zone. I am a mother to three young daughters. My husband, children and I live in a 60-year old home in traditional Philippine architecture. In my previous life, a.k.a. pre-marriage and pre-TV, I lived and studied in Toronto, Canada. Years of work on TV have given my name and reputation a bit of trust and influence that I now have home products under my brand Daphne® – luxury bed linens, handcrafted fine furniture and fine jewellery.
I started this blog in 2007 as an extension of the work I do on TV. Every second and every word costs money in TV production; but in blogs, “airtime is free.” That was the subheading of my original blog titled “Daphne’s Diary.”
I tell a lot of stories here. I also shoot a lot of photos. This blog has evolved to include my inspirations, thoughts, activities and advocacies. But it is mainly a design blog focusing on homes and how people live. I also share my personal style diary and snippets of my family life.

pattylaurel
A graduate of the Ateneo de Manila University, Patty has developed a young following since she is remembered as the popular UAAP Basketball sportscaster and MTV VJ Patty for MTV Philippines.  She was also the main host for a daily morning show, Breakfast, on Studio 23 under ABS-CBN.  Aside from hosting for television and live corporate events, Patty models regularly for Manila's top fashion magazines.  A well experience travel writer, she has visited over 27 countries and has shared her adventures with readers or various magazines, websites and newspapers.  On a regular day, she's known as Teacher Patty, chasing around 5 year olds in Kinder Care Magallanes where she has been a preschool teacher for the past 3 years.

iamsuperbianca

I am Chico Garcia. I was born June 17, 19** (clue: it was pre-Martial Law). I studied Grade School and High School in La Salle Greenhills, then College at the University of the Philippines, Diliman. I took up English as my course, shifted to Journalism, then finally settled down in Broadcasting. I’ve been a radio broadcaster for more than 18 years, since January 1990. I’ve been through 3 radio stations (almost 5, but that’s a long story, maybe I’ll post about it someday), but I found my home in Monster Radio RX 93.1. I’ve worked there December 1990-February 1999, then June 2002-present. Our morning show is called The Morning Rush with Chico and Delamar, and it airs Mondays to Saturdays, 6-9 am. The show is accessible via live streaming at www.rx931.com. We also have a weekly column with the Manila Bulletin called, “He Says, She Says”, which comes out every Thursday, Youth & Campus Section. We’re currently also teaching radio broadcasting in St. Paul College of Pasig, as part of their GIFT classes.  We have a class every Monday for Grade School, and another every Thursday for High School.  I have a book about Asian myths published in New York. I love animals, that’s why I have 3 cats, 4 dogs, and 9 Kois. Because of this, I was a vegetarian for 10 years, but I started eating meat when I fell in love (Again, long story. Trust me, it’s nothing sleazy). I love nature. I love going to the beach. I love diving. I love photography, especially underwater. I’ve been in a relationship for 5 years and counting.

 

Sinfully Sabrina is an escape from my average-ish life wherein i can allow my creative juices to flow and let my food thoughts pour. Watch out for enticing recipes, fabulous food stories and scintillating articles about anything and everything food!

My name is Jen and I am SO grateful that you have taken a moment from your day, to stop by! To say that IHeart Organizing is quite the understatement, which is why I can't get enough and have a blast blogging about it at the same time! To read more about me, click here, and for even more info on my beautiful family, click here.

A 20-something year old with a love for design, decor, art and home improvement. This blog is the product of my profession, my passions, and life experiences in photos. Come along for the ride and I hope you'll find something of inspiration along the way! :)

A graphic designer whose focus is bespoke identity and its application to the full spectrum of visual communication. She works with ambitious corporate and boutique clients  who want to strengthen their brands with elegant and clever design solutions.

And there you go... they're just such a joy to read!  NOTE: Captions are taken from their respective blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment