Wednesday, August 3, 2011

for the love of knitting

Ok, I know that doing this is like soooo granny-ish ... but hey! I'm enjoying it :)  I was introduced in this knitting thing when I stumbled upon a blog that features about knitting and it kinda stucked on me.  So I thought of why not try it and learn the craft.  It can be beneficial to me since the Christmas season is not that far away.  You know what I mean haha!  So to all my friends and officemates, for Christmas give aways, expect to receive a gift from me that is something knitted lol!  Anyways, I've bought my materials at Dreams Yarnshoppe located at the 3rd level of Glorietta 5.  I've bought just the starter kit that includes pair of wooden needles, hook, 3 pcs. of yarn and a repair kit (the scissor is mine).

my starter kit

So here it goes, I was youtubing the "how to knit stitch" and I'm following each step in the video.  But as silly as I am, I got to make my first stitch after 15 mins. LOL!  boy that was hard haha!  But after you've mustered the technique it was an easy breeze doing the rest.  So here is my on going knitting :)

not bad eh?!?
It took me around 2 hrs just to accomplish this thing... so lame! haha!  Anyways, I still got a lot to learn on knitting.  And I got to practice more and more to familiarize myself with the different stitches there is.  I'll update you on my progress.  Happy knitting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment