Tuesday, January 3, 2012

a retrospective of 2011


I bid 2011 goodbye with a grateful heart.  

In 2011, I've experienced Highs and Lows. But the highs covered up for all the lows all put together.  First on my list of highs was the realization of my little dream.  I got to be deployed onshore for a project that was scheduled for only 3 months but eventually became a long-term project that took me away from my family and friends.  But it's all good knowing that this is what I've prayed for way way back.  And only now that God answered it for me.  Truly the Lord answers prayers in His own perfect time.  He has His master plan set for me in the way that I could never understand and imagine.  This reminds me of the verse in the Bible that can be found in Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
I believe that this verse has a very powerful message: God knows us personally, He has a plan for us, and allows us to find hope in Him. 


2011 is also the time I've experienced my first heartbreak.  It was the time that I cannot seem to think clearly about our relationship and just resorted to breaking up with someone whom I loved and cared about.  But then the breakup didn't last long as we were back in each other arms after 2 weeks time haha!  Nagpapapansin lang pala ako sa kanya kaya ko naisipan makipag break lol! Kidding aside, that whole situation made me realize that I should not make decisions based on impulse and that I should think it through over and over again.  Though, it made our relationship stronger and better I guess.  So last August 29, we celebrated our 1st anniversary.  We had our buffet dinner at Hotel Sofitel's Spiral restaurant.  
Of course, travel will not be left behind for the year that was.  In 2011, together with friends and Dude, we went to the northern part of Luzon which were Pangasinan, La Union, and Baguio.  Fun, fun, fun! That's how I can describe that trip :)  And then Dude and I made our way in the south eastern part of Mindanao which is in Pearl Farm, Davao.  For my international travel, we went to KL Malaysia.  Wow, thank you Lord for the gift to travel.  


Whew! That was an amazing year.  So many things happened, discovered new places and gained new friends.  Again, all I can say is to To God be the Glory!    Looking forward to the year 2012 for a life full of challenges and triumphs by God's grace!  Amen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment