Thursday, March 29, 2012

cooking with Glena

I've been an OFW for over 6 months now and I must say, thinking of what to eat every meal is a challenge for me and my housemates.  During our first month here, we've managed to eat out everyday and all I can say is that it's expensive lah! So I have to be creative in the kitchen and whip a decent meal.  And I'm surprised of my progression as a cook!  I can now cook simple dishes that I don't usually cook in our house in Manila.  Although these dishes are no brainer for some but for me, it's an achievement already.  My Pops will be proud! :)  Sorry, as of the moment the only picture I have was the first dish that I've done which is the buttered shrimp.

                                     

For the others, I wasn't able to take a snap of it.  I will update this entry as soon as I've cooked again the same dish that I will enumerate here:
- Pork and Chicken Adobo with hard boiled egg
- Spaghetti Bolognese
- Pork steak
- BBQ Porkchop with buttered corn on the side
- Pork Giniling with carrots and potato with hard boiled egg
- Lumpiang Shanghai
- Pork with broccoli in oyster sauce
- Tempura

Wow! Thanks to Panlasang Pinoy website for the tutorial videos I was able to cook all those dishes! I deserve a POB (Pat on the Back) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment